How To Connect Officejet Pro 6970 to the Network?
For 123.hp.com/setup 6970 setup, firstly you need to complete the hardware setup of your printer. Unbox your printer components, install the cartridges, and load paper in it. Then, follow the given instructions to connect your printer to the network:
- First of all, Tap the Wireless icon located on the printer’s control panel.
- On the next screen, tap on the Settings icon.
- In the next window, select the Wireless Settings option
- After that, select the option of Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, the printer will start searching for the wireless routers in range.
- After that, it will show you a list of available networks. Touch the name of your network.
- Then, a pop-up box will appear on your screen, enter your network security key and touch OK.
- Now, you need to wait until your printer is connected to the network.
- Once the connection is established, Connection Successful window will appear on your screen. Touch OK.
Download Officejet Pro 6970 Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to install the printer driver on your system from 123.hp.com/setup 6970:
- Open a web browser.
- Then, go to 123.hp.com/setup 6970 by typing it in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- After that, type Officejet Pro 6970 in the address bar and then click on the search button.
- In the next window, you can download your printer driver by clicking on the Download button given at the bottom of the window.
- Wait patiently till the driver is downloaded successfully.
- After the process is done, the file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
This completes the download process from 123.hp.com/setup 6970 and now you can proceed with the installation process.
Install HP Officejet Pro 6970 Printer Driver
* On Windows:
You need to follow the below-given detailed procedure for driver installation on Windows for 123.hp.com/setup 6970 setup:
- To begin the installation process, open the Downloads folder on your windows computer.
- Locate the setup file of 123.hp.com/setup 6970 and then double-click on it.
- A pop-up box of Security Warning will be shown on your screen. To continue the installation process, click on the Run button and the files will start extracting.
- Another pop-up box of User Account Control appears. The program will ask for your permission for making necessary changes to your computer for installation. To allow the program, you need to click on the Yes button.
- It will show you the main screen of the program. Make sure that your device is turned on, cartridges are installed and paper is loaded. Then, click on the Continue button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Afterwards, it will take you to the Software Selection window. To install the software recommended by HP, go to the bottom of the window and then click on the Next button. Also, you can click on the Customize Software Selection tab to select your preferred software.
- On the next screen, Installation Agreements and Settings window will display on your screen. Review all the terms carefully and if you agree with the terms, click on the Checkbox of “I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements and settings”. Then click on the Next button which is placed at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, the software that you have selected in the above step begins to install. The installation process will take a few minutes and you need to wait till the software is successfully installed on your system.
- When the software is installed, it will show you the Connections Options window. Now, you need to connect your printer to the computer by selecting one of the given options:
- Wireless Connection Method: If you want to connect your printer with the computer wirelessly, select this option. Make sure that your router is turned on and your printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Wired Connection Method: For this attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
* On Mac:
To install the printer driver on Mac, you need to follow the below-given steps to complete 123.hp.com/setup 6970 setup:
- First and foremost, open Finder on your Mac.
- Then, open the Downloads folder which is located on the left side of the window.
- In the folder, search for the .dmg setup file of 123.hp.com/setup 6970.
- Then double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box asking you- Do you want to run this file? Click on the Yes button.
- Now, review all the installation agreements carefully. You must agree to all the terms and conditions to install the printer driver.
- To proceed for the next step and to accept all the terms and conditions, click on the Continue button which is given at the bottom of the window.
- In the next window, connect your printer to the Mac wirelessly. If you do not intend to use a wireless connection, attach a USB cable or Ethernet cable from your printer to the Mac. Then, click on the Continue button.
- The program will start searching for your printer. Select your printer and then, click on the Continue button.
- It will take you to a new window. For 123.hp.com/setup 6970 setup, select your purpose of use “In a home” or “In a business” and then click on the Continue button.
- The installation window will be shown on your screen. For installing HP recommended software and drivers, click on the Install button and then click on the Continue button.
- While installing the software, a pop-up box will appear on y-our screen asking you to enter your Mac credentials. So, type your Mac Username and Password and then click on the OK button.
- When the installation is completed, It will show you the “Installation Successful” window, click on the Close button.