Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer to the Wireless Network
- Complete the hardware setup of your printer. Install the ink cartridges and load paper into the printer’s paper tray.
- Turn on your printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- In the next window, tap on the Settings icon.
- In the settings screen, select Wireless Settings option.
- Then, select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- It will start searching for the networks in range.
- Tap on the name of your network.
- It will show you a pop-up box, enter your Wi-Fi password and touch OK.
- Wait till the printer is connected to the network.
- When the Connection Successful screen appears, touch Done.
Download HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6978:
- Open a web browser.
- Then, type 123.hp.com/setup 6978 in the address bar.
- In the next window, enter Officejet Pro 6978 into the search bar and then click on the search button.
- Then, click on the Download button.
- Wait till the file is downloading.
- Once the download process is completed, the file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to install the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 on Windows:
- Open the Downloads folder.
- Then, double-click the file of HP Officejet.
- It will show you the pop-up box of Security Warning. Click on the Run button.
- User Account Control pop-up box appears asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. For granting permission, click on the Yes button.
- It will show you the Software Selection window. Click on the Customize Software Selection tab to select your preferred software. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, read End User License Agreement, Web Services Enablement and Internet Connection Usage Settings. To accept the terms, select the checkbox given there and then click on the Next button.
- The installation of your selected software begins. Once the software is installed, click on the Next button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, the Connections Options window will display on your screen. Select the Wireless Connection to connect your printer with the computer.
- When the screen shows that your printer is found, select your printer and then click on the Next button.
- Now, the printer driver starts installing. Wait till the installation process is completed.
- After the driver is installed, click on the Finish button.
Follow the below-given steps to install the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 on Mac:
- Open the Downloads folder on your Mac system.
- Search for the setup file and then double-click on it.
- In the next window, read all the terms and conditions of the installation agreements. If you agree with the terms, click on the continue button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, connect your printer to the Mac wirelessly. Then, click on the Continue button.
- Once your printer is detected, select your printer and then click on the continue button.
- The software Installation window will be shown on your screen, click on the Install button to start the installation process of your printer driver and software.
- Once the installation process is completed, click the Continue button.
- It will take you to the Add Printer window. Select your printer and then click on the “Add” button.
- The print Test window will appear on your screen. Click on the Print Test Page button and then follow the on-screen instructions to print a page.
- At last, click on the Finish button. This completes the Officejet Pro 6978 setup from 123.hp.com/setup 6978.