Procedure To Download HP Printer Driver
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Then, type 123.hp/setup in the address bar given at the top of your and press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- It will take you to a new window. From the upper panel of the window, you need to select your printer type i.e Envy, Officejet, Laserjet, Deskjet.
- In the search bar, type your printer model and then click on the Search button.
- In the next screen, click on the Download tab which is located at the bottom of the window to begin the downloading process.
- As the process may take a few minutes, you need to wait for its completion.
- When the downloading of your printer driver is completed, the file will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder. So, you can access the file from the Downloads folder for the installation process.
This finishes the driver download process from 123.hp/setup.
Install HP Printer Driver
* On Windows:
Follow the below-given instructions in order to install your printer driver on Windows for 123.hp/setup:
- Open the Downloads folder on your windows computer.
- After that, search for the .exe file of 123.hp.com/setup in the Downloads folder.
- Then, double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box of Security Warning asking you- do you want to run this File? To run the software, click on the Run button and it will start extracting the files.
- In the next pop-up box of User Account Control, click on the Yes button to allow the program for making required changes to your computer.
- It will take you to a new window, click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- A software Selection window will display on your screen. To select your desired software, click on the Customize Software Selection tab. Once you have selected all the required software for driver installation, click on the Next button given there.
- Now, It will show you the window of Installation Agreements and Settings. Read End User License Agreement, Web Services Enablement and Internet Connection Usage Settings carefully.
- If you agree with the terms, tickmark the checkboxes given there and then proceed to the next step. Then, click on the Continue button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- The program will start installing your selected software. Software installation may take several minutes so you need to wait for its completion. Then, click on the Next button given there.
- It will show you the Connection Options window on which you need to connect your printer with the computer. You will see two options- Automatic and Manual setup. Select the automatic setup method and make sure that your printer must be connected to the same network as your computer.
- But if you choose the Manual Setup, you need to select from one of the given options for connection:
- Wireless Connection Method: If you want to connect your printer wirelessly with your computer, select this option.
- Wired Connection Method: In this case, attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
* On Mac:
Go through the below-given instructions for driver installation on Mac for 123.hp/ setup.
- Firstly, open the Finder application on your Mac.
- From the left panel of the window, open the Downloads folder.
- Now, search for the .dmg setup file of 123.hp/setup.
- After that, double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box asking you- Are you sure you want to open this file? Click on the Yes button.
- The main screen of the program will appear on your screen. Click on the Continue button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Installation Agreements window will be shown on your screen. Review the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- To continue with the installation process, it is necessary to accept all the terms of HP.
- So, if you agree with the terms, tick the checkbox of “I agree with all the terms of the agreements”. Then, click on the Continue button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, you need to connect the printer to your Mac. You can connect your printer by using a wireless or wired connection method.
- By doing so, the program starts searching for your printer. Once your printer is detected, you are required to select your printer model. Then, go to the bottom-right corner and click on the continue button.
- It will take you to the Software and Driver installation window. Click on the Install button given at the bottom of the window and your printer driver will start installing.
- In between the installation process, you may be asked to provide your Mac Username and Password. So type your credentials and then click on the Install HP Printer Software button.
- Add Printer window will be shown on your screen. To add your printer, you need to select your printer from the list and then click on the Add button.
- In the next Print Test window, click on the Print Test Page tab if you want to run the test. Then, follow the instructions displayed on your screen to end the printing process. Also, make sure that your printer is loaded with plain A-4 size paper.
- But if you do not want to print a page, you can skip this step.
- Finally, click on the Finish button given at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
This concludes the printer driver setup from 123.hp/setup