Printer Configuration- 123.hp.com/setup
- Before you begin with the configuration process, make sure you have completed the hardware setup of your printer. Ink and paper must be loaded in the printer.
- For connecting your wired printer with the internet you have to accomplish the given steps:
- Firstly, click the “Windows” icon. You will find this icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select “Control Panel” from the Start menu list.
- Then, select “network” followed by the “wired” option.
- Thereafter, connect Ethernet(network) cable to the printer port and router.
- Locate and select your network from the available list of options.
- Now, tap the “connection” option for successfully connecting your printer to the internet.
- For connecting your wireless printer with the internet follow the steps :
- First of all, turn on your printer by pressing its power button.
- Then, locate and select the “setup” option from the touchscreen of your printer.
- From the setup menu, select the “network” option.
- Now, click on the “Wireless wizard setup” in order to search for wireless routers in your range.
- From the list of available networks, select your preferred network.
- Consequently, you will see a blinking light on your printer’s control panel. This indicates that your printer is searching for the required network.
- After a while, the light will get stable specifying the establishment of the connection.
- Next, you have to enter a “WPA Password” for connecting with the network.
WPA is Wi-Fi protected access which is a security standard for computer users for wireless connections. Here, you have to enter your WPA password which is a Wi-Fi password.
- Now, click on the “Ok” button in order to confirm the settings.
- Wait until your printer gets connected with the network.
- Now, press “Ok” or “Skip” for a print report.
Download the HP Printer Driver
After connecting your printer to a network, the next step is to download the printer driver in your system.
- First of all, open a preferred web browser.
- Navigate to the official website of HP Printers.
- Now, enter your printer model in the required field for 123.hp.com.
- Next, the window will display a list of all the printer drivers and software. Select the desired driver and software that you want to download according to your printer model.
- Click the “Download” button. You will get two options for windows and mac. Select the preferred option as per your operating system.
- Wait until the download gets completed.
Installing the HP Printer Driver
In the case of wired printers, to start with the installation process, first, you have to connect your printer and computer using a USB cable.
On the other hand, in wireless printers, on connecting your printer and your system to the same network, it will subsequently connect both the devices with each other.
Now you can start with the installation process. Follow the below-given steps for installing the HP printer driver in your system.
- Firstly, open the “Downloads” folder.
- Thereafter, double-click on the downloaded setup file of the printer driver.
- In the next dialogue box, click “Continue”.
- Next, the window will ask you to select the software. Tick mark all the checkboxes.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear asking you to accept the agreement.
- Go through the agreement and accept it by selecting the checkbox.
- Now, click “Next”.
- Wait while the driver is installing on your system.
- After that, you will be asked for a connection option from a wired or wireless connection.
- Select the preferred connection option followed by clicking “Next”.
- Lastly, restart your system.
- First of all, open the download folder.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded setup file of the printer driver.
- Then, if the security prompts appear, click on the “Open” tab.
- In the next screen, you will get links for the “End User License Agreement” and “Privacy Statement”. Hence, click on the links one by one and read the documents carefully. If you agree to the terms, select the checkbox beside the “I Agree” option.
- Click on the “Continue” tab.
- Now, select the printer from the detected devices and click on the “Continue” button.
- After that, select the mode of connection according to your preferred device. Then, click on “continue”.
- In the next screen, read the terms carefully and click on the “Install” option.
- Thereafter, enter your administrator credentials in the respective fields. Click on the “Ok” tab.
- Wait until the printer driver is installing on your system and then click on “Continue”.
- Finally, click on “finish” in order to complete the installation process.