HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw Wireless Setup and Driver Installation
HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw is a printer that helps its users in printing and scanning the documents. It prints your documents faster and prints up to 33% more pages. Its high-capacity paper tray allows its users to use printers for a long time without having to reload paper frequently.
Also, the printer works with wireless connectivity and can be used to print from mobile devices. Further, It has a feature of two-sided printing and scanning. For Wireless setup and driver installation, follow the given steps.
Hardware setup :
- Firstly, unbox your HP printer and all its components.
- Then, power on your printer.
- After that, fill the ink cartridge.
- Then, load paper into your printer tray.
How To connect HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw to the Wireless Network
Now, you are required to connect your printer with the internet. So, follow the below-given steps for wireless connection:
- First of all, open the Control panel from the home screen of your printer.
- Then, swipe the tab downwards which is present on the top of your screen.
- After that, touch the Wireless icon from the dashboard.
- Then, you need to tap on Setup.
- After that, touch Wireless Settings.
- Then, tap on Wireless Setup Wizard and it will start searching for the available wireless network.
- Now, choose your preferred network from the given list of options.
- Touch the name of your network. A pop-up will be shown on your screen asking you to enter your Wi-Fi password. Type your password into the given field and then touch the OK button.
Your HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw printer is now connected to the internet.
Download HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw driver :
To download your printer driver, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser
- Next, you need to visit hp.com.
- Now, at the top-right corner of your page, place your cursor on the support tab and click on Software and drivers from the given list of options.
- Next, you are required to click on the printer icon and type HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw into the given field.
- After that, click on the “Submit” button given there.
- A new window will be shown on your screen, click on choose a different OS and select your operating system and version.
- After that, click on the Download button and it will start downloading.
- Once the download is completed, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
Installation of HP Color LaserJet Pro M479fdw driver:
After downloading, below are the steps to install the software.
If you want to install on Windows, follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer.
- Then, locate the .exe file in your folder and double-click on it.
- Then, you will see a pop-up box on your screen. You are required to click on the “Run” button. It will start extracting the files.
- On the Let’s get started page, click on the continue button located at the bottom.
- Next, on the software selection dialog box, you can customize your selection by clicking customize software selections.
- Then, hit the Next button which is positioned at the bottom of the box.
- It will start installing the driver. Read the End User License Agreement, Data Collection Notice and Settings, and HP Privacy Statement.
- If you agree to all the agreements, tick mark both the boxes given there and click on the Next button.
- The dialog box will appear on your screen which contains two options – Automatic Setup and Manual setup. Click on automatic setup and then hit the “Next” button.
- Next, choose the wireless connection type to connect your printer to the system. Then click on the “Next” button given at the bottom of the page.
- After the installation is completed, click on the “Finish” button.
In order to install your HP printer driver on Mac, follow the below-given instructions:
- First of all, open your Downloads folder.
- Now, locate .dmg file in your folder and double-click on it.
- A pop-up box will be shown on your screen. Click on the Open button.
- On the next screen, read the End User license agreement and HP Privacy statement by clicking on its link.
- If you agree to both the agreements, tick mark the given box and click on the continue button located at the bottom.
- Then, connect your printer with your Mac system wirelessly and click on the continue button.
- In the next window, choose your Install location and select your preferred language. Then, click on the continue button located at the bottom.
- Click on the Install button in the next dialog box and it will start installing the software.
- You will see a pop-up box on your screen in between the installation process. You need to enter your Mac username and password in the required fields. Click on the OK button given in the box.
- Once the installation completes, click on the Finish button.