Ink Cartridge Errors
Whenever you get an ink cartridge error message on your printer’s control panel, then you have to follow the below-given methods suggested by hp.com/123.
Verify the ink cartridge numbers.
You first have to make sure that your ink cartridge number should match your printer and country/region. For verifying the ink cartridge number for your printer model and country, you have to visit the HP store. In case there is any incompatibility, then replace that cartridge.
Reset Your Printer
If the error persists, then you first have to turn off your printer and remove the power cord. After that, wait for a few minutes and again plug in the power cord. Then, finally turn it on.
Clean Ink Cartridge Contacts or Electrical Contacts
Another method that you can perform is to clean the ink cartridge contacts or electrical contacts. Which to follow amongst these will depend on the ink you have installed in your printer. For this, hp.com/123 suggests you to clean the contacts and replace the ink cartridge that is creating the problem.
Print Job Stuck In A Queue
* In case your print job gets stuck in a queue, then you have to follow the given procedure recommended by hp.com/123.
* Download the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” diagnostic tool.
* After that, double-click the downloaded file and click the “Start” option from the initial window.
* Then, tap the “Fix Printing” option. This will remove all the stuck print jobs, will clear the print spooler, as well as detects other issues and fix them automatically.
* This will help in resolving the error. If the error persists, then, you can contact the customer support.
Paper Jam Issues
This is a common issue that most of the users face. When this error occurs, the printer stops printing. This is generally when the paper gets stuck in the paper tray or in the printer. On the occurrence of this error, you will get an error message on the printer’s control panel.
Following are the steps that you must follow for resolving the paper jam error.
- First of all, turn off your printer and unplug its power cord from the printer and the power outlet.
- Then, open the rear access door and clean the pressure rollers.
- After that, remove the jammed papers from there as well as from the input tray.
- Further, you have to reload the papers in the input tray and close the rear access door.
- Again plug in the printer and turn it on.
This might help you in resolving the error. In case, the error persists hp.com/123 suggests you to open the ink cartridge access door and then clean the rollers.
Alignment Unsuccessful Error
While you are scanning or printing, an error might display on your screen stating “Alignment Unsuccessful” or “Alignment Failed”. In order to resolve the error successfully, you have to follow the below-mentioned methods which are recommended by hp.com/123.
Reset The Printer
Examine The Alignment Page
For resolving the error, you have to print the alignment page and then, examine it. If the alignment page is solid and aligned and is showing both black and blue patterns, then you have to contact the service providers. However, if the alignment page is faded, covered with stripes, colors are missing or if the paper is blank, then you have to check the ink cartridges.
Check Your Ink Cartridges
HP suggests you to use genuine ink or toner i.e. the one that is supplied by HP itself. Using the non-HP ink might be the reason for the error. Also, check the ink levels of your printer. In case the ink level is critically low or ink cartridge is empty. Then, you have to replace it or refill it.
Clean The Print Head or Ink Cartridge
This method helps you in resolving the alignment issues. Along with that, it will resolve the print quality problems. You can use an automated tool to clean the print head and ink cartridge. If the error is still not resolved, then you must try replacing the printhead and ink cartridge.
Firewall Blocking Printer Driver Installation Error
Firewall is a software that helps in protecting your system from outside threats. But sometimes, it may also block the printer network connection. In the situation of getting the error due to a Firewall, hp.com/123 suggests you have to follow the methods mentioned below.
Temporarily Disable The Firewall
- First, you have to download the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” software from 123.hp.com.
- Run the application by clicking its downloaded setup file.
- Then, click “Network” from the menu bar and further, select “Troubleshooting Firewalls”.
- This will show you the list of firewall software. Make sure all are disabled. For disabling, click the enabled software and then hit the Disable tab.
- Once you are done with disabling all the firewall software, you can start with the installation process.
- After completion of the installation process, you are suggested to enable it again for the safety of your system.
Configure The Firewall
When you will purchase a Windows device, you will get Windows Defender Firewall installed in it. In case you are using this firewall then you have to configure the firewall by following the process mentioned below.
- Click Start Menu> Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- In the next window, you have to select the “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” from the left-hand panel.
- After that, scroll down until you get the HP program.
- Here, you have to ensure that all the HP Programs are allowed for the type of network with which you want to connect from Public or Private network. In case you change the network, then click the “Change Settings” tab from the upper-right corner and make the necessary changes.
After this, you also have to enable the rules to allow the printer ports to communicate with your computer. These rules create the openings in the firewall for the specific ports. In case there are missing HP ports, then hp.com/123 asks you to create the rules for it.