HP LASERJET PRINTERS
HP Laserjet Printers print and scan the documents faster. It supports both the ethernet and wireless connecting options. With laserjet printers, you can also print directly from your mobile device. Hence, follow the below-given guide to setup HP Laserjet Printers.
Connect HP Laserjet Printers to the Wireless Network
- Remove the packaging of your printer and load paper in it.
- Turn on your printer.
- Now, press and hold the Wireless button which is located on the printer’s control panel. Also, make sure that your router supports the WPS button connection type.
- When the wireless light starts blinking, release the button.
- Now within two minutes, press and release the WPS button on your wireless router.
- You need to wait until the printer and the router establish a connection.
- After the printer is connected to the network, the wireless light is on and steady.
Download HP Laserjet Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to Download HP Laserjet Printer driver :
- Open a web browser.
- Then, go to hp.com. It will open the home page of HP.
- Place your cursor on the Support tab which is located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- It will show you a list and you need to select Software & Drivers from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Printer icon.
- Enter your Laserjet printer model name and then click on the Submit button.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on Choose a different OS link and select your operating system.
- Click on the Download button located next to your printer driver.
- The downloading process of your printer driver begins. Once the download completes, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Install HP Laserjet Printer Driver
- Open the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the setup file of HP.
- It will show you the pop-up box of “Security Warning”. Click on the Run button.
- Next, the User Account Control pop-up box appears asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. Click on the Yes button.
- Software Selection window will appear on your screen. Click on Customize Software Selections tab and then select the software according to your preference.
- Next, it will show you the Installation Agreements and Settings window. Read all the terms and conditions of the agreements. If you agree to it, tick mark the given box and then click on the Next button.
- It will start installing your selected software. After the installation is completed, click on the Next button.
- Connection Options window will be shown on your screen. Select between the “Wireless” or “USB” connection method and then click on the Next button. If you have selected the USB connection method, connect the USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- Once your printer is found, you need to select your printer and then click on the Next button.
- By doing so, the program starts installing your printer driver. Wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the Finish button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
HP Laserjet Printers Troubleshooting
If you are facing issues while using HP Laserjet Printers, follow the below-given troubleshooting steps:
1. Firewall Blocking Driver Install and Printer Function
* Temporarily Disable the Firewall:
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Click Networks and then click Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Next, click the name of any firewall that has an enabled status and then click Disable.
- When all firewalls are disabled, try to install your printer software and driver.
* Configure the Firewall in Windows Defender
- Unblock HP Programs
- Confirm HP Ports have rules to communicate with a computer.
- Create Rules for missing HP Ports
2. Print Job Stuck in Queue Troubleshooting
To resolve this issue, download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click Fix Printing to remove all print jobs stuck in a queue, clear the print spooler and fix the issues automatically.
3. Printer not Found During Driver Setup
- Reset the printing system.
- Uninstall and then Reinstall the HP printer driver and software.
- Check your printer connection.
4. The printer is Offline or not Responding
- Power on your printer.
- Reset the printing system.
- Troubleshoot the printer connection.