Hp Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn is a multi-purpose printer that offers its users with a wide range of features. After purchasing Hp Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn, you are required to go through its setup procedure.
For starting with the process, you first have to unbox the printer and complete the hardware setup. For this, you can use the user manual that you get with the product. After this, you can move with the following given processes.
Configuration of “Hp Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn”
You can configure your Hp Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn printer using an Ethernet Cable. For this, you have to connect one end of Ethernet cable with the router and another end with the printer. Subsequently, LED display on your printer will turn on confirming the network connection.
Before you start, make sure you disconnect all the networks or USB cable connected to the printers.
- Firstly, turn on the printer using its power button.
- Then, go to the control panel of your printer.
- In the control panel, select “Connection Information” button.
- After that, tap “Network Wi-Fi Off”.
- Next, click “Settings”.
- In the next window, tap “Wireless Setup Wizard”.
- Subsequently, the printer will start searching for the available networks.
- Now, from the list select the desired network.
- Thereafter, enter the “Wifi password” and click “Ok”.
- Lastly, wait for the printer to get connected with the network.
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn printer driver- Download and Install
Installing Printer Driver using USB Cable:
In case you want to use the USB cable for setting up your printer, then connect one end of the cable to the printer and another end to your system.
Subsequently, if you are a Windows user and your OS is up-to-date, then the process of printer driver installation will automatically start.
On the other hand, Mac users should not worry about an updated OS. Connecting the USB cable will start the installation even if your OS is not updated.
Downloading & Installing Printer Driver from Website:
- Firstly, open a preferred web browser.
- Now, go to the support page of Hp printers i.e. “support.hp.com”.
- In the next window, enter your printers model (Hp Laserjet Pro MFP M521dn). Then, click “Submit”.
- Now, click “Software, Drivers and Firmware”.
- Subsequently, you will get the list of available printer drivers.
- You can also change the OS if required.
- For this click “Choose a different OS” option.
- In the popup box, select the desired OS along with its version, from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click “Change”.
- After that, review and select the desired Printer driver from the available options.
- Now, click “Download”. This will start the downloading of your printer driver.
- Firstly, double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Then, click “Run” and wait for the installer to extract the files.
- Now, in the next popup box, select “Yes” in order to grant the permission.
- Wait until the installer launches.
- After that, the software selection screen will appear.
Here, you can customize the selection by clicking “Customize Software selection”.
Make the necessary changes if required, and click “Next”.
- Now, read the license agreement and select the checkbox for giving your consent. Then, click “Next”.
- Then, click “Next” once the process gets finished.
- Next, select “Connect through a wireless network”.
- Now, select “Automatically find my product on the network” option. Then, click “Next”.
- Afterwards, select the Network Product form the list and click “Next”.
- Now, the installation process will begin.
- Further, in the Product Configuration window, select the desired settings and click “Next”.
- Then, in HP Web Services Enable screen, enable web services by clicking “Next”.
- Lastly, configure additional product features and click “Finish”.
- After downloading, double-click the setup file.
- Now, wait for the installer to extract the files.
- Then, in the introduction screen, click “Continue”.
- After that, go through the license agreement, and click “Continue”.
- In the popup, click “Agree” for accepting the license agreement.
- In the next window, select the destination for software installation followed by clicking the “Continue” button.
- Subsequently, the Installation Options screen will appear. Select the “Standard Installation” option and click “Install”.
You can also select “Custom Installation”. After clicking this option, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, in the password pop-up, enter Mac username and password. Then, click “Ok”.
- Now, wait for the installation process gets completed.
- After that, read the given tips and click “Continue”.
This will complete the installation process. After this, you can add your printer to your system and get it registered on the official website of HP printers.