HP Printer Setup
Connect HP Printer to the Network
Before connecting to the network, complete its hardware setup. Fill the ink cartridge and load paper into your printer tray.
- First of all, turn on your printer.
- Go to the printer’s control panel.
- Then, go to the Wireless icon.
- After that, open the settings tab.
- Then, open the Wireless setup wizard and it will start searching for the networks.
- Now, a list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear on your screen.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list. Enter your Wi-Fi password into the given field and press OK.
Now, your printer is connected to the wireless network.
For connecting your printer to the wired network, connect the Ethernet/USB cable to the printer and an available port on the router/ computer.
Download HP Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to download printer driver for HP printer setup:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, go to hp.com.
- On the home page, place your cursor on the Support tab. Then, select Software & Drivers from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Printer icon.
- Now, enter your printer name and click on the Submit button.
- Next, select your operating system. Then, click on the Download button located next to your printer driver.
- The downloading process begins. Wait for its completion.
- Once the download completes, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
To install the printer driver on Windows for HP printer setup, follow the given steps:
- Open the Downloads folder.
- Then, locate the .exe HP setup file and double-click on it.
- A pop-up box of Security Warning will appear on your screen asking you – Do you want to run this file?. Click on the Run button and by doing so, it will start extracting the files.
- In the next pop-up box of User Account Control. Click on the Yes button for making necessary changes to your computer.
- In the next window, read all the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement and HP Privacy Statement. If you agree to it, tick mark the given boxes and click on the Next button.
- Now, connect your printer to the computer. Select one of the following options:
- Wireless – If you want to connect the printer to your computer wirelessly, select the wireless option.
- USB – Otherwise, connect your printer with the computer using a USB or Ethernet cable.
- Software Selection window appears on your screen. You can customize your selection by clicking on Customize Software Selections and then click on the Next button.
- In the next window, it will show you two options “Automatic Setup” or “Manual Setup”. Select the automatic setup option and then click on the “Next” button.
- It will start installing the printer driver. Once it is completed, click on the finish button. Also, restart your computer.
To install the printer driver on your Mac system for HP printer setup, follow the given steps:
- Open the Downloads folder on your Mac system.
- Now, search for the .dmg file of HP and double-click on it.
- A pop-up box appears on your screen. Click on the Open button.
- Now, read the End User license agreement and HP Privacy statement by clicking on its link.
- If you agree with all the terms and conditions, check the boxes given there. Then, click on the continue button.
- Now, connect the printer with your Mac system by using a wireless or wired connection method. Then, click on the continue button.
- In the next window, select your installation location and language and click on the continue button.
- The installation window will appear on your screen. Click on the Install button and it will start installing the printer driver.
- In between the installation process, it will show you a pop-up box asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Enter your Mac Username and Password and click the Continue button.
- Once the installation process completes, click on the Finish button and restart your computer. This completes the hp printer setup.