HP Printer Troubleshooting
Sometimes users face issues while printing or scanning a page from HP printers. So, follow the below-given HP printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the errors.
* Paper Jam Error:
When the paper jam error displays on the printer control panel, follow the below-given HP Printer Troubleshooting steps to resolve this error.
- Clear jammed paper from the rear of the printer and the input tray.
- Your printer must be placed on a flat surface.
- Clean the paper rollers inside the printer and then try to print again.
- If the issue does not resolve, service the printer.
* Print Job Stuck in Queue:
To resolve this error, follow the given steps:
- Download and Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Then, double-click the file, click Start and then choose your printer.
- After that, click Fix Printing to remove all print jobs stuck in a queue, clear the print spooler and fix the issue automatically.
* Ink Cartridge Error:
- Check that the Ink cartridge numbers match your printer and country/region.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the printer. Clean the electrical contacts and then reinsert the ink cartridge.
- If the issue is not resolved, reset your printer. Turn off your printer and remove the power cord. Wait for 60 seconds and then turn on your printer.
* Troubleshoot Scanning Issues
- Remove the fingerprints, smudges, dust on the scanner glass and clean the scanner.
- Clean the Automatic Document Feeder rollers and separator pad to improve the scan quality.
- Change the Scan settings to increase resolution, change the color palette or increase the contrast.
- If the issue continues, service the printer.
* Alignment Unsuccessful Error:
If the Alignment Failed or Alignment Unsuccessful shows on the control panel while scanning or printing a page, follow the below-given steps:
- Reset the printer.
- Evaluate the alignment page.
- If the patterns on the alignment page are faded or missing, check the ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridges.
- Clean the printhead or ink cartridge to resolve the print quality problems.
- Replace the printhead or ink cartridge if your issue is not resolved.
Firewall Blocking Driver Install or Printer Function:
If your system has a Firewall, then it may block the communication between the printer and the network. To resolve this issue, you need to follow the below-given steps:
Disable Firewall on a temporary basis.
For that, follow the given steps:
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Then, click Networks and then click Troubleshooting Firewalls.
- Click on the Firewall name that has enabled status and then click Disable.
- Once all the firewalls are disabled, try to install your printer driver/software.
Configure the firewall in Windows Defender:
If your system has Windows firewall and you are facing errors, follow the below-given HP Printer Troubleshooting steps:
- Unblock HP Programs
- To communicate with the computer, enable rules to allow HP printer ports.
- Create rules for missing HP ports.
Network Scanner Connection Error
- Download and Run the “Print and Scan Doctor”. Once it opens, click Fix Scanning to test your scanner.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Check the Windows Image Acquisition Settings and you need to make sure that the settings are activated.
- If the issue does not resolve, troubleshoot the printer connection.
- Reset the Print System. For that, follow the given steps:
- Click the Apple menu.
- Then, select System Preferences from the list.
- In the printers window, right-click anywhere and then click Reset Printing System.
- It will show you the Confirmation window, click Reset. If prompted, enter your Mac Username and Password and then click OK.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the printer driver and software.
- Check your printer connection.