HP Utility Mac Download
HP Utility Mac – Meaning and Uses
HP Utility Mac is a printer management software that ensures the convenient use of HP printer devices for Mac Users. You can do multiple functions all under this one software. The HP Utility Mac can be downloaded as a single software, you need to opt for a Full-Featured Mac Printer Driver Package. With this software, you can check the current status of your printer. Checking the ink levels in your printer is also easy with HP Utility Mac Download. The software enables you to check the network settings. There is a lot more, that you can do with this software.
Features that make HP Utility Mac Download essential
HP Utility Mac enables the following features.
- Devices – All printer devices that are available and connected to your Mac device are displayed here. Check the real-time status of all connected printer devices is easy over here.
- All Settings – This tab is for all major settings that you need in order to manage your printer device. Here, you will get information about the selected printer in the following fields.
- Supplies Status: Here, you will get all information about updated and current ink cartridge supply levels. The tab also contains information about HP Instant Ink. However, the HP Ink Cartridge Protection feature can also be enabled so your ink cartridges cannot be used in another printer.
- Supply Info: With this feature, you get updates about your ink cartridge model numbers and replacement options.
- Device Information: This tab displays the model number of your printer, the version of your printer driver, and the connection type. With the help of this option, you can also print a Network Configuration Page.
- Align: Through this tab, you can print an alignment page with the Align feature to improve print quality. It is advised to use the Align feature each time you replace an ink cartridge.
- Clean Back of Page Smear: With this command, you can run this automated tool to clean printer parts that might be causing the smear.
- Clean Printheads: Run this automated tool to clean the printheads when you have to help resolve print quality issues.
- Paper Feed Cleaning: By selecting this automated tool you can improve paper feed issues.
- Print Quality Diagnostics: In order to check for any print issues, print a print quality diagnostics page.
- Test: Check connection issues, print quality or alignment by printing a test page.
- Message Center: Enable messages such as errors, supplies status or warnings from your printer.
- Auto-off: Here you can set the amount of time before your printer shuts off automatically.
- Network Settings: Configure or change your network settings.
- Wireless Setup: From here you can change your connection type from a USB connection to a wireless one.
- Scan to Computer: This tab enables you to scan to computer feature so you can scan from the front panel of your printer, and then automatically send the output to your computer.
- HP Support: From here you can access online troubleshooting and support information easily. You can also make sure your printer is listed, and then click Continue to be sent to your printer’s HP Support web page.
- Supplies: From here you can shop for HP printer supplies online. You just have to follow the prompts to the SureSupply website.
- Registration: Register your printer and submit all relevant information online. Also, access support and troubleshooting options that are on the Printers tab at the top of the HP registration web page.
- Recycling: Inspect a sustainability report to learn about the environment and convenient ways to recycle your HP products.
- Product Improvement: You can also, take part in an anonymous research program.
Process of HP Utility Mac Download
- To begin with the HP Utility Mac Download, you have to launch the web browser on your Mac.
- Afterwards, in the address bar of this window, you have to type “hp.com” in the address bar of your browser to reach the official site of Hewlett Packard products. Press the enter key.
- At the Home page of the website, locate the “Support” tab. You will find this tab in the upper right corner of the header bar, along with a few other tabs.
- As you click on this tab, a dropdown box opens. In this dropdown, you will find several support services related to various products of HP.
- Eventually, from this list of options, you need to select the “Software & Drivers” option.
- You will now be directed to a separate window. In this window, you will see huge icons that are for different product range manufactured by Hewlett Packard. Locate the icon of the “printer” and click on it. You will find this icon on the left side of the screen.
- Thereafter, a new window pops up on your screen. You are required to enter the model number of your printer here in the search bar. After that, press the “Submit” button.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Here somewhere in the middle, you first have to locate the “Choose a Different OS” Link and click on it. This will ensure that you only see download options relevant for your Mac device.
- You will see a new dialog box appear on your screen. This window asks for your Operating System and its configuration. Opt for Mac as your operating system and enter its configuration accurately.
- Then, close the dialog box by clicking on the cross icon and go back to the HP Printer Downloads window.
- Now out of the options available, you have to opt only for a full feature Mac printer driver package that is compatible with your device.
- As a result, this will start the process of downloading a full feature Mac printer driver package. This also includes your HP Utility Mac Download on your Mac device. As the process may take a few minutes you need to wait until the downloading process is completed successfully.
- When the process is complete, the file will be saved in the Downloads folder.
- With this the download procedure for HP Utility Mac Download is complete.
Checking the success of HP Utility Mac Download
- Once you have installed the Full-Feature Mac printer driver package. You need to check the HP Utility Mac Download is complete or not.
- For this, go to the Finder bar on your Mac device. Here, you need to click on the “Go” icon in the top menu bar.
- Then, click on the Applications, double-click the HP folder.
- Thereafter, double-click HP Utility.
- After this, HP Utility displays a setup and activation screen, click Continue to complete the software setup.
- If HP Utility is not in the Application list, this indicates that the HP Utility Mac Download is not complete successfully. You will have to reinstall the full feature driver.
- In order to reinstall repeat the above procedure.