Install HP Printer
* On Windows:
Once you have downloaded the printer driver from the official website, you need to install the driver for completing its setup. Hence, to install HP printer driver, follow the detailed procedure that is given below:
- First and foremost, open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, search for the .exe file in the folder.
- Afterward, double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box of Security Warning asking you- Do you want to run this file? To “Install HP printer”, click on the Run button and the files will start running.
- Then, the User Account Control pop-up box will be shown on your screen. The program will ask for your permission to make the required changes to your computer for installing the HP printer driver. Hence, to grant permission, click on the Yes button and then proceed to the next step.
- Now, the main window of the program will appear on your screen. Make sure that your printer is turned on, cartridges are installed and paper is loaded. Then, go to the bottom-right corner and click on the Continue button.
- It will take you to the Software Selection window. To install HP printer recommended software, click on the Next button given there. Also, you can select your preferred software by clicking on the Customize Software Selection tab.
- Now, the Installation Agreements and Settings window will be shown on your screen. Read End User License Agreement, Web Services Enablement and Internet Connection Usage Settings. If you have read and agree with all the terms, select the checkbox given there and then click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Your selected software will start installing. The installation may take a few minutes and you need to wait for its completion. When the software gets installed, click on the Next button which is given at the bottom of the window.
- Further, it will show you the Connection Options window. Now, you need to connect your printer to your computer in order to install HP printer driver. For that, select one of the given options:
- Wireless Connection Method: To connect your printer wirelessly with your computer, select this option.
- Wired Connection Method: Attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer for wired connection.
This concludes the “Install HP Printer Driver” process on your Windows computer.
* On Mac:
In order to install HP printer driver on Mac, follow the below-given steps:
- First and foremost, open the Finder on your Mac. It is given in the left-side corner of the doc which is located at the bottom of the window.
- Now, open the Downloads folder from the left panel of the window.
- Next, search for the .dmg setup file of HP. Then, double-click the file and it will show you a pop-up box asking you- are you sure you want to open this file? Click on the continue button.
- Installation Agreements window will be shown on your screen. Review all the terms of End User License Agreement, Information Collected During the Setup Process, Product Improvement Data Collection.
- You must agree with all the installation agreements to install HP Printer driver. So, if you want to accept the terms and conditions, tick the checkbox given there. Also, click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- In the next step, you will be asked to connect the printer to your Mac by using a wireless or wired connection method. If you have selected the wired connection method, properly attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- By doing so, the program starts searching for your printer. Once the screen says that your printer is found, select your printer model and then click on the continue button.
- Now, it will take you to the Software and Driver installation window. For installation, click on the Install button which is given at the bottom of the window.
- As the process might take a few minutes, you need to wait patiently.
- To complete the installation process, it may show you a pop-up box asking you to provide your Mac Username and Password. Type your credentials and then click on the Install Software button.
- Afterward, it will show you the Add Printer window. You need to select your printer from the list and then click on the Add button.
- On the next screen, you will see the Print Test window. If you want to run the test, click on the Print Test Page tab. Then, follow the steps displayed on your screen to finish the printing process. In addition, your printer must be loaded with plain A-4 size paper for printing a page. But In case, you want to skip the test, proceed to the next step.
- To end the setup of your printer driver, click on the Close button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the screen. So, this completes the “Install HP Printer Driver” process on Mac.