In today’s world of cutting-edge competition, Printing technology requires constant innovation to keep up with the fast-changing scenario. With this purpose, HP has not only upgraded their Printer machines. But, it has also enhanced the means to access the same as well. One of the recent developments is the HP Smart Print Technology.
Earlier known as HP All-in-One, HP Smart is the utility application that simplifies Setup, Operations and Management of your HP Printer from Mobile Devices. With this, you can operate your HP Printer from any device and location. As such, it lends an exceptional sense of flexibility and versatility to your Printing experience. In short, it integrates all the tools that facilitates optimized use of your state-of-the-art HP Printer. One of its most useful features is Print Anywhere. It equips you with the remote access of your Printer through Mobile (Android/ iOS), Windows (including ver.10)/ Mac OS-based Computers.
How To Setup HP Smart App?
HP Smart App is the unique solution for the future-ready generation that demands constant access to their resources without any restrictions.
It’s Setup process varies according to your Computing Device. However, it involves two primary steps, namely, installing the application and adding your Printer.
* Setting up On Your Mobile Device
- Make sure your Mobile Device and Printer are turned On and connected to the Internet. Both should be on the same Network.
- At the same time, Bluetooth must be enabled on your Mobile Device.
- Initiate the HP Smart App Installation process by opening the App Store on your respective Mobile Device. Alternatively, you can also install the application from “123.hp.com”.
- Locate the Application on your Mobile’s Store and open it.
- Tap on the “Install” button to get the application.
- Wait for the process. Meanwhile, permit installation by tapping on the “Accept” or “Agree” tab.
- Once the process finishes, tap “Open” to launch the app.
- On the following window, click on the links for its terms and read them. Here, you will get “Data Collection Settings”, “HP Privacy Statement”, and “End User License Agreement”.
- Tick mark the respective checkboxes and tap “Start”.
- HP Smart will detect available Printers in the Network.
- Tap on “Add” for your HP Printer.
- In case if the desired Printer is not listed, tap on the “+” Sign. Subsequently, add your Printer.
* Setting up On Windows 10
- Similar to the above method, prepare your Printer and Windows 10 Device for Setup.
- Launch Windows Store and locate HP Smart App.
- Open the application.
- Click “Install” to get this app on your system.
- Click “Allow” or “Accept” for permitting access to your system’s resources.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Launch HP Smart App that you have just installed.
- Go through the terms of “Data Collection Settings”, “HP Privacy Statement”, and “End User License Agreement”. For this, click on the respective links and read the document.
- Click “Start”.
- On the following window, click on the “+” Sign and wait for the app to locate available Printers in the Network.
- Select your HP Printer and “Add” it to HP Smart for an effortless Printing experience.
Use HP Smart App For Troubleshooting HP Printer
HP Smart App is a smart way to handle all your Printer related issues. In fact, it is like an all-in-one and powerful tool kit that is capable of resolving most of the common Printer problems with just a click of your mouse. Usually, it automatically detects your Printer issues and notifies you. Besides that, it guides through its solution in the most simplified and effective manner.
* How To Detect and Troubleshoot Printer Issues?
- Launch HP Smart App on your Computing Device which is connected to the concerned HP Printer.
- Make sure the Printer is turned ON and hooked to the same Network as your Device with HP Smart.
- The Home Screen of this application will display all the Printers available in the Network and linked to it. Hence, select your HP Printer that requires troubleshooting.
- The following window gives you access to all the functions and features that you can access from this app. For example, Smart Tasks, Print Document, Print Photos, Printer Scan, Help & Support etc.
- On the top right-hand corner of this window, you will get a Bell icon for “Notification”. Hence, click on it.
- As such, it will display all the Messages including Error Message for any HP Printer issue.
- Click on the Error Message to open it.
- Read the message clearly to understand the current Printer issue.
- Besides that, it will guide you through the relevant troubleshooting steps. Hence, follow the same carefully to resolve the issue.
- Apart from that, click on “Print Quality Tools” to determine the quality delivered by your Printer.