Why Is My HP Printer Offline?
➣ Reasons Behind “HP Printer Offline” Error
If you are trying to print a document, but the computer screen says that the printer is offline, there could be several reasons for it. Wifi Connectivity issue, print jobs pending in the Print Queue, printer not responding, poor configuration, faulty HP Printer Drivers are some of the examples.
Hence, follow the given guide to fix the “HP Printer Offline” error.
➣ Methods to Resolve HP Printer Offline Error
- Verify Your Wifi Connection
First of all, make sure that your printer is linked to the same wifi network as your computer. If the problem still exists, check your wireless or wired internet connection. In the case of wireless connection, go to network settings, check the SSID(network name) to which your printer is connected. But, if your printer is associated with the wired network, check both ends of the ethernet cable. Make sure that it is properly inserted into their respective ports. Also, change the cable if it is damaged from any of the sides.
- Disconnect and Reconnect the Printer Power Cable
Power off your printer first. Then, plug out the power cable of the printer from the electrical board carefully. Then, you need to wait for at least 30 minutes. Now reconnect the power cable to the wall socket and press the on/off button of your printer. Power-cycling your printer often resolves the “HP Printer Offline” error.
- Set Your Printer as the Default Printer
- On your computer, click on the Start icon. Then, select the Control Panel.
- The next screen shows you a list of options. You are expected to select the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- A new window will come into view. Select the “Devices and Printer” option.
- A list of printers that are in the range of your network appears. Right-click on your printer and choose Set as Default Printer.
- Check the Print Queue and Delete the Documents
The error may pop up if there are many documents pending in the print queue. To clear them, follow the given steps:
- Press the Windows icon.
- Select the Settings icon which you will find on the left-hand side.
- In the next window, select “Devices”.
- A new window pops-up. Here on the left panel, you will notice the “Printers and Scanners” option. Select it.
- From the list of printers, select your printer and then open the queue.
- Under the section of Document Name, you will see a list of the specified documents.
- To delete them, select the particular document and click Cancel.
- Reconnect your printer to the device
It may be possible that there are some connection issues between your printer and computer. For resolving this issue, you should remove your printer from the list. For that, go to your computer and select Start> settings> devices>Printer and Scanners. Now, make a selection for your printer and select “Remove Device”. Now, a pop-up box will be presented on your screen, select Yes. Then, reconnect the printer and try to print a document.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor
If the HP Printer Offline problem continues, you can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity. Hence, from the HP support website, download it and run the file. Once it opens, click on the Start button and then choose your printer. Depending on the issue, it will suggest some ways to resolve the “HP Printer Offline” error. For example, if “HP Print and Scan Doctor” suggests you to turn on the printer updates, click Yes.